Who can exhibit?
Artists exhibit by invitation only. We are always on the lookout for new and exciting talent and are calling for both emerging and established artists to submit. Please send a portfolio of 5-10 images to email@example.com or PO Box 414, Bunbury 6231 by June 1. Selection will include sensitivity to materials, technical accomplishment and conceptual development. The Committee reserves the right to select artworks for display. If not exhibited, a refund will be tendered.
All exhibits are to be the original work of the artist, produced within the last 12 months and not previously exhibited at Art Extraordinaire or at recent local art events. All exhibits must be for sale
BCC charges a commission of 25% on all exhibits sold. Artists’ payments will be made within 30 days of the exhibition closure.
Payment for exhibiting art can be made into the following bank account:
Acc Name: P&F BCC Art Extraordinaire
BSB: 086 006
Acc No: 742384904
We will accept cheques sent to the school and addressed to the P&F BCC Art Extraordinaire, Rodstead St, Bunbury 6230.
Important dates for artists.
Entries close August 17
ART DELIVERY 9am – 2pm
Friday October 6
- Corpus Christi College, Murdoch Drive, Bateman
- Mandurah Catholic College, Coodanup Dr, Mandurah
Monday October 9
- BCC Hall, Bunbury. 9am-2pm.
- St Thomas More Catholic Primary School, Margaret River.9am-12pm.
Collection of unsold works (artists to show ID)
Sunday 15th October, 5-6pm.
Monday 16th October, 9am-2pm.
BATEMAN, MARGARET RIVER and MANDURAH DEPOTS
Tuesday 17 October, 9am-2pm.
What are the different categories?
2 D Works
Oils, acrylics, watercolour, drawing, pastel, pen and ink, prints, mixed media, photography.
Maximum pieces entered: 2. (some invited artists can exhibit more at the discretion of the committee)
Entry fee $12 per piece.
Please contact the committee regarding artworks larger than 1m x 1m.
Diptychs etc. must be sold as one piece.
3D works- Sculpture
Stone, timber, bronze, metal, acrylic, mixed media, lighting, projection, installation.
Maximum pieces entered 2.
Entry fee $12 per peice.
- please contact the Committee regarding weighty artworks as these may need to be viewed prior to delivery.
- A designated secure space for Outdoor 3D work is available.
Art Objects – Craft
Ceramics, glass, leadlight, leather, timber, jewellery, textiles, retro
Total entry fee: $25 (multiple pieces)
- Larger pieces such as textiles may not be displayed at full size.
- Depending on the no. of submissions, in cases of multiple pieces such as jewellery, ceramics etc. items will be replaced for display as they sell.
These pieces can either attract the normal 25% commission or be donated by the artist to take part in a SILENT AUCTION. If artists would like a complimentary Ready to Hang Board for the Silent Auction, just tick the box on your Entry Form. Artists donating work will receive a free voucher to the Friday Night Gala Opening.
What else do I need to know as an artist?
- BCC will retain all proceeds over the reserve price on the 5 major auction items plus 25% of the reserve price. BCC will retain 100% of sales on all sold 9×5’s, kindly donated by artists.
- All entries must be clearly labelled on the reverse with the Artist’s name, Title of Work, Price and contact details.
- The entry fee includes insurance cover.
- Copyright remains the property of the artist. Artists agree to allow use of part or whole images of their work for promotional purposes.
- All 2 D artworks must be fitted with flat D- rings and line positioned to ensure work hangs flat to wall. Works without hanging facility will not be hung.
- All works not collected on collection dates will be returned to BCC and collection will be the responsibility of the artist. All works not collected from BCC by Nov 13 will be dealt with as the committee seems fit.